Re: Reassign Addresses to Place Names plugin.

Lorna Craig

Kristeen,

I'm in agreement with Adrian on this.

The first step is to tidy up the Place records by making sure they all have a country included, and that they all have the same number of comma separated parts, so that the country is always in the same (last) column.  It doesn't matter if some places have some blank parts - just insert the right number of commas.  You will need to do that manually.

The second step is to tidy up the Addresses (Use Tools>Work with Data>Addresses) so they also follow a regular pattern.

Then, and only then, you need to consider whether you want to add all the addresses into Place records.  This will mean you end up with a huge number of Place records, but some people prefer to work that way.  That stage can probably be automated if you want to do it, but you don't need to decide that until after you have tidied up the existing Places and Addresses.

Lorna

On 24/01/2021 12:43, UK kris wrote:
Ok Mike, got that message loud and clear. :)

Can I have your opinion on my going into every entry and adding the address to the place ensuring I have the correct number of columns and/or commas, irrespective of how many hours it may take me?

Kristeen.

Kristeen Simpkin