Re: Problem with Sources

waltonnz

Thank you so much. Your advice is appreciated as always.
Patricia

On Fri, 22 Jan 2021 at 02:38, Mike Tate <post@...> wrote:

Patricia, have you read the "Notes on Upgrading to Version 7"?

Those concerns ONLY apply to SOURCE record customised tabs, because the Source Citation features in FH v7.0 have significantly changed.

All other Property Box custom tabs are not a problem.

From: family-historian@groups.io <family-historian@groups.io> On Behalf Of waltonnz
Sent: 21 January 2021 12:54
To: Family Historian <family-historian@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [family-historian] Problem with Sources

Thank you Mike, your help is much appreciated. I now have the confidence to give it a go.

It was the information below from a member in an email 10 Dec that put me off - the bit about settings being lost.

Patricia

"Most of my customizations to the Record Window, Property Box and Source Box

have disappeared.  I have read the "Notes on Upgrading to Version 7" about
restoring Property Box customizations and I was working my way through them
until I reached items marked 1, 2, & 3 which, after telling me what could be
done, then strongly recommended that I don't do it because settings will be
lost somewhere else.  I am now completely bemused and confused. "

On Fri, 22 Jan 2021 at 00:32, Mike Tate <post@...> wrote:

I don’t understand why somebody would advise against the advice from Calico Pie in their Help pages.

Maybe you are confusing that with some other process.

Anyway, you will not lose any FH v7 features whichever way you recreate the custom Property Box tab.

Mike Tate