Re: Internet Matches - no updating in FHv7 once accepted/rejected

Robert Jordan

Mike

When I raised the issue with Calico Pie I was simply told to use the External browser facility. It would have been nice if they had said that they were aware of the problem and would be taking steps in due course to make the necessary changes. Unfortunately they did not so one is left with the impression that they do not intend to do anything about it.

Robert Jordan

On Thu, 21 Jan 2021 at 12:38, Mike Tate <post@...> wrote:

Robert, you are confusing the user browsers with the API that programs must use, as has been mentioned before.

Yes, Microsoft Edge came out 5 years ago, but only recently radically changed to a Chrome based engine.

For many, many years Microsoft has only provided a browser API based on the Internet Explorer engine.

So that is what Calico Pie and every other developer have to use and is what every version of FH uses.

Microsoft offered the WebView and then WebView2 browser API based on Edge only last year.

So with all the other changes, that was too late for CP to incorporate into the FH v7.0 first release.

Just because a product is not supported does not stop it from working.

Mike Tate