Re: Printing tree on one page

Genie O'Neil <genieoneil@...>

I've been away for a few days so just getting back to this.  Thanks very much.  This seems to get things on one page although a little hard to read!  Hopefully the young generation can decipher!!  Thanks again.

On Fri, Mar 6, 2020 at 5:28 AM Mike Tate <post@...> wrote:

I guess the Diagram you want to print is about the same complexity as your screenshot with 4 generations of ancestors.

One option is to use the Focus Window that opens when you first open FH.

With root person in focus select the Ancestors tab that shows 4 ancestral generations with names and life dates.

If necessary close or shrink the Property Box on the right to make the display wider.

Take a screenshot of that display and print it.

Alternatively, use the Ancestor Diagram option in the toolbar.

You can obtain a right to left orientation like your screenshot as follows.

Use Diagram > Options > General tab and set Orientation: Right-left and click OK.

Now use Diagram > Save Diagram As > PDF File (.pdf) and accept the default option of Adjust PDF File Page Size so that Diagram fits into One Page and click OK.

In the Print dialogue ensure the Printer Name is Family Historian PDF and click OK.

In the Family Historian PDF – Save PDF File As dialogue click OK.

That should open a single page PDF file displaying your Diagram that can be printed.

I hope those two alternatives give you what you want.

Regards, Mike Tate

From: family-historian@groups.io <family-historian@groups.io> On Behalf Of Genie O'Neil
Sent: 05 March 2020 13:02
To: family-historian@groups.io
Subject: Re: [family-historian] Printing tree on one page

Great. Thanks so much Mike. I reverted back and figured out how to get rid of the married and changed to unmarried couple (my sister was adamant!!).   

I’ve yet to figure out the “easy” way to print on one page!!!  This is what I’m looking for.   Where is the easy button!!?  😁

On Mar 5, 2020, at 5:50 AM, Mike Tate <post@...> wrote:

Genie,

Having upset your family group and put them all back in, I am concerned you may now have several duplicated entries.

Please use the Records Window and on the Individuals tab click on the Individual Records column heading, to sort into name order.

Check that there are any duplicated entries for your eldest sibling’s husband, children, or grandchildren.

If there are duplicates, may I suggest your restore back to the Snapshot taken on Monday or Tuesday.

That actually might be a better option even if no duplicates, as you will learn how to fix married/unmarried couple status.

Use File > Backup/Restore > Revert to Snapshot and choose one taken just before you deleted your eldest sibling’s husband.

When that is all sorted out we can get back to your original problem of printing a diagram on one page, which should be quite easy.

Regards, Mike Tate

From: family-historian@groups.io <family-historian@groups.io> On Behalf Of Genie O'Neil
Sent: 04 March 2020 19:50
To: family-historian@groups.io
Subject: Re: [family-historian] Printing tree on one page

Sorry but one more question--I swear!  I goofed.  My oldest sibling is divorced but has a partner.  Somehow it got both as unmarried couple and married and kept coming up as being married.  I deleted him and when I put him back in, it still had as married couple.  So I really goofed and deleted her!!  Out went her husband and their 4 children & 6 grandchildren!!!!  That's okay--I've put them all back in but she comes up as the 7th child instead of the 1st.  Any way I can get her to the top of the list!?

Virus-free. www.avast.com

--
Genie 

Join family-historian@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.