Re: Printing tree on one page

Genie O'Neil <genieoneil@...>

I've been away for a few days so just getting back to this.  Thanks very much.  This seems to get things on one page although a little hard to read!  Hopefully the young generation can decipher!!  Thanks again.

On Fri, Mar 6, 2020 at 5:28 AM Mike Tate <post@...> wrote:

I guess the Diagram you want to print is about the same complexity as your screenshot with 4 generations of ancestors.

One option is to use the Focus Window that opens when you first open FH.

With root person in focus select the Ancestors tab that shows 4 ancestral generations with names and life dates.

If necessary close or shrink the Property Box on the right to make the display wider.

Take a screenshot of that display and print it.

Alternatively, use the Ancestor Diagram option in the toolbar.

You can obtain a right to left orientation like your screenshot as follows.

Use Diagram > Options > General tab and set Orientation: Right-left and click OK.

Now use Diagram > Save Diagram As > PDF File (.pdf) and accept the default option of Adjust PDF File Page Size so that Diagram fits into One Page and click OK.

In the Print dialogue ensure the Printer Name is Family Historian PDF and click OK.

In the Family Historian PDF – Save PDF File As dialogue click OK.

That should open a single page PDF file displaying your Diagram that can be printed.

I hope those two alternatives give you what you want.

Regards, Mike Tate