Re: 1939 National Register

Adrian Bruce

"some people seem to have added an extra line and that can throw the details out. They hadn’t thought about checking that the number of rows in each column was the same!"
Possibly.... It's also quite possible that the failure mode was a double error - repeat a cell, transcribe, omit a cell. That would result in the correct number of cells in a column thus sabotaging the cells per column check - if that check took place. We'll probably never know!

I have to say - I wouldn't fancy indexing the M/F column - there must be every chance of going cross eyed on that one.