Re: 1939 National Register

Sheena Harling

With reference to Adrian Bruce's post, I found a person I had searched long and weary for on FMP's version of the 1939 Register. When I searched again when Ancestry acquired it, this person came up with the right name and age. The latter was wrong on FMP so although the name was correct, she did not show up in searches. When I eventually found the person, and the correct page at Ancestry, it appeared that the information including the age, had been taken from the line above, which threw out all searches. Either the transcription or the indexing was done differently at Ancestry. Moral of this tale- search both!
--
Sheena