Re: 1939 National Register

Geoffrey Knott

I presume you are taking the reference from the URL strip at the top of the Ancestry screen. At the right side of the screen are several symbols including an arrow pointing left. If you click on that arrow a pane appears at the right of the screen, in which you can read the proper reference.

Geoff

On 14/01/2021 10:56, John James wrote:
Forgive me if this is the wrong place to ask, but ...

... why are images from the 1939 Register downloaded from Ancestry given a filename prefix of "tna_R39_..." when the Register is in the series "RG 101"?
For example, to find the TNA catalogue entry for St Just in Penwith, it's RG 101/6706 on TNA.
What am I missing here?
Thanks,
John