Re: Census entry

Mike Tate

Welcome Neil,

You have picked one of the more complex data types to enter.

There are various techniques that people use, but one of the most common involves a companion program called Ancestral Sources.

Whether you use that or not, the end result is a Census event on the Facts tab for each member of the household with a Source Citation that links to a single Source record holding the Census page image and a transcript.

That is summarised in the FHUG Knowledge Base ~ Recording from a Census Record:

https://fhug.org.uk/kb/kb-article/recording-from-a-census-record/

However, if some of the terminology above is all very new, then perhaps you need to step back and spend some time understanding how Family Historian works, especially if you are also new to family history research.

See the FHUG Knowledge Base ~ Key Features for Newcomers:

https://fhug.org.uk/kb/kb-article/key-features-for-newcomers/

Also, you may be interested in the FHUG Forums at https://www.fhug.org.uk/forum/index.php

Mike Tate