From: family-historian@groups.io <family-historian@groups.io> On Behalf Of John Hanson
Sent: 08 January 2021 18:39
To: family-historian@groups.io
Subject: Re: [family-historian] Mapping Facility in FH

Robert

Whilst Mangotsfield might be in Gloucestershire it is in Keynsham registration district
There are many instances of registration districts crossing the county boundary

There are also instances where the registration district is not an actual place – Cosford in Suffolk that crops up many times in my family

These days I resort to an online gazetteer to sort them out and first port of call is the LDS mapping facility at https://www.familysearch.org/mapp/

Enter a parish and it will give you all the information that you want about it and links to its wiki which is one of the most underused part of the site these days yet one of the most important with link to all online information for a parish