Re: MyHeritage browser support

Ian Thirlwell

For Microsoft Edge (Chromium) there’s the WebView2 control, though not being a programmer I’ve no idea how easy, or difficult, it would be to go that route. Quote from the relevant Microsoft page:

The Microsoft Edge WebView2 control enables you to host web content in your application using Microsoft Edge (Chromium) as the rendering engine. For more information, see Overview of Microsoft Edge WebView2 and Getting Started with WebView2.”

Ian

Sent: Monday, January 11, 2021 5:09 PM
To: family-historian@groups.io
Subject: Re: [family-historian] MyHeritage browser support

Microsoft dictates that IE is used within an internal browser in a Windows application, not CP. It would be nice to think they would change it but I’m not holding my breath.

From: family-historian@groups.io <family-historian@groups.io> On Behalf Of Robert Jordan
Sent: 11 January 2021 17:01
To: family-historian@groups.io
Subject: Re: [family-historian] MyHeritage browser support

The Proposal by colevalleygirl works  but it effectively makes the web search window redundant.  I have raised this with Calico Pie with the same response.

The websearch window allowed one to drag and drop, using an external browser will not allow that.

I suspect the problem which Calico Pie has is that they are using Internet Explorer which is in its death throes and sooner or later will have to change.

It would nice to think they will change it soon to allow the drag and drop facility

Here's hoping

Robert Jordan

Join family-historian@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.