AS - Problem with deleting data from an automatically populated field.

ianpmitchell@...

I have just entered a marriage into AS, for a marriage that was already there, (I want to be consistent with my sources). It automatically populated the bride's mother who wasn't mentioned on the marriage certificate, so I deleted it. I think AS unchecked "SP Mother" automatically. When I went to save it, it said ~Do you want to rename Alice Amos to ""~ . I answered no. The only option I got then was to either lose all the entry details or cancel. In the end after a couple of circuits I decided to say yes to Rename Alice. Back in FH the screen showed the mother, Alice, as Alice Mitchell, her married name, (changed from Alice Amos), in the man screen, but the property box name was empty.

I feel sure I have done this in the past and not had this issue.