From: Geoffrey Knott <geoff0knott@...>
Date: 07/01/2021 12:20 (GMT+00:00)
To: family-historian@groups.io
Subject: [family-historian] Phishing

Hi,

I've also received the reported phishing message allegedly from Bill Metcalfe, which went straight to my spam folder. However, if memory serves me right, I think I have in the past seen postings from a Bill Metcalfe, so in view of recent postings about geo coding, I googled 'geo-strategies' and it appears to be a genuine company that carries out things like geo-coding, and Bill Metcalfe is one of the founders (see quote from the website).

The Geo Strategies Group was set up by two people – Daniela Florea, a geographer from Sibiu in Transylvania, and Bill Metcalf, an international management consultant, from Cambridge, UK.

I wonder if the supposed phishing message is a slip of the finger from a genuine group member.

Geoff