From: family-historian@groups.io <family-historian@groups.io> On Behalf Of Lorna Craig via groups.io
Sent: 06 January 2021 15:00
To: family-historian@groups.io
Subject: Re: [family-historian] Editing Places in FH7

Mike is correct, of course, but he is thinking of performing the merge in the standard way which can be used for any record type, by selecting the records to be emerged in the Records window then using Edit>Merge/Compare Records.  On the other hand I was thinking of Using Tools>Work with Data>Places, where you can select the records to be merged and then click the Merge button.  In that case you only get to choose one whole record for the final version, and you cannot ‘pick and choose’ which parts are retained.  So if you do it that way the final record will have whatever geocoding was in the record you selected for the final version, even if it had none and one of the other records did have geocoding.

Lorna