Re: Transfer Family Historian to New Computer

Mike Tate

Jan,

You cannot now buy FH V6 and you cannot simply ‘delete’ an installed program like FH V6.

The error message is not as serious as it sounds and re-installing FH V6 should fix it.

So I suggest you install the FH V6.0 CD on this new laptop the same way you installed it on your old laptop.

You will need to update to the latest free download of FH V6.2.7 from the Family Historian web site.

Then you can load the data saved on your USB and get FH V6.2 running in the way that is familiar to you.

I think trying to upgrade to a new laptop with the new FH V7 but with old FH V6 USB data backups is fraught with snags.

Let me know if you have any problem with my suggestion, like there is no CD drive on the new laptop.

Mike Tate