Re: Local Note truncated in query

Mike Tate

Yes, in FH V6 it showed approximately the first 150 characters in a Note and terminated it with ellipsis … if longer.

FH V7 has radically changed and only shows the first sentence or first line and a maximum of about 70 characters.

With multiline text like yours, there is no simple workaround.

It was suggested to Calico Pie that it was a backward step and that there should be a function to force all (or at least more) text to be displayed.

The only unsuitable solution is the one in the FHUG KB ‘Display long text such as Notes’:

https://fhug.org.uk/kb/kb-article/display-long-text-such-as-notes/

e.g.

=Text( GetParagraph(%INDI.NOTE2%,1) . " " . GetParagraph(%INDI.NOTE2%,2) . " " . GetParagraph(%INDI.NOTE2%,3) )

But you would need to continue up to GetParagraph(%INDI.NOTE2%,7)

You could complain to Calico Pie with a http://www.calico-pie.com/osticket/open.php support ticket.

Happy New Year, Mike Tate