Re: Removing unlinked Place records

Lorna Craig

Sorry, yes it's 'Delete Listed Records'.

On 22/12/2020 17:50, Robert Jordan wrote:
Update I managed to find the list pane it was hidden in the extreme right of the records screen. The question now is do I use the command "Empty List" as you said or "delete listed records"

Robert Jordan

On Tue, 22 Dec 2020 at 17:00, Lorna Craig via groups.io <l.m.craig=ntlworld.com@groups.io> wrote:

Mike, I checked before sending my post and the Lat/Long column is there by default, so Robert shouldn't need to add it himself.

On 22/12/2020 16:43, Mike Tate wrote:

In the Records Window on the Places tab use Lists > Configure Records Window Columns…

Select <Other…> on the left and click > to add it.

Set Heading to Lat/Long and Expression to _PLAC.LATLONG and OK out.

Now you can click on the Lat/Long column heading and then the Links column heading to bring all unlinked Places with no Lat/Long together.

In a Places Query use a similar Columns expression for Lat/Long and another for =LinksTo() that provides the count of links to the Place.

The Result Set can be similarly sorted to bring unlinked Places with no Lat/Long together.

Finally, via either method follow the KB advice for Delete One or Many Records

https://fhug.org.uk/kb/kb-article/delete-one-or-many-records/

i.e. Select all the ones to be deleted and add them to a Named List that has a delete all records option.

Mike Tate