Re: Source > Text from Source > Property Box - Can you fix the Box Sizes?

David Wilkinson

I completely agree, if you want reports, web pages, etc to tell the story you have to transcribe it.

On 22/12/2020 09:50, colevalleygirl@... wrote:

I’d argue it isn’t a waste of time to transcribe the census. It may take some time to puzzle it out, in which case you’ll only want to do it once rather than scowl at the image every time; you might want to publish the transcription in a report or on a website rather than the image (to save space, or because of copyright reasons); and most important of all transcribing the census means you’ve read every word of it and gleaned all the information it contains, rather than just “the bits you’re expecting”.

From: family-historian@groups.io <family-historian@groups.io> On Behalf Of Trevor Rix
Sent: 22 December 2020 09:37
To: family-historian@groups.io
Subject: Re: [family-historian] Source > Text from Source > Property Box - Can you fix the Box Sizes?

I am wondering -- why are you transcribing the census? If you download the census image and link that image to the individials concerned, all you have to do is Property Box > Media tab > select the census thumbnali > click the green circle to Open in Editor/Player to display the census image full screen. No time wasted in transcribing the census.