Yes I see. Thank you Lorna

Br

David

On Sun, 20 Dec 2020, 12:55 Lorna Craig via groups.io, <l.m.craig=ntlworld.com@groups.io> wrote:

David, yes I understand that what you were doing was a bit different.   But Robert Jordan had picked up on the (slightly incidental) point that changing the spelling of a place in one instance of its use does not change the spelling of that place globally but instead creates a new Place record with the new spelling.  He thought this was a bug, and someone else had suggested he raise a ‘ticket’ with Calico Pie to report it.   I just wanted to make it clear that it is not a bug, and explain why.

Lorna

From: David Potter via groups.io
Sent: 20 December 2020 11:56
To: family-historian@groups.io
Subject: Re: [family-historian] Using Search & Replace causes Text from Source issues with Individual Links

Just to keep my original post in context. I wanted to change a single Place detail (that has no alternatives within my project at least) everywhere it can be found. Including Place, Source/Citations, Facts, Media and Rich Text. In effect Anywhere and Everywhere.

I use the Search & Replace Plug-In set for Search Only in the first instance. Once I have checked what is found is reasonable. I then make a second run in update mode. This works perfectly.

Mike Tate is investigating why the Plug-In or perhaps FH itself caused the Individual Links with the Text from Source to lose their focus. So until Mike has finished checking, we don’t yet know the Root cause.

Kind Regards

David Charles Potter