From: family-historian@groups.io [mailto:family-historian@groups.io] On Behalf Of Neil Grantham via groups.io
Sent: 19 December 2020 09:01
To: family-historian@groups.io
Subject: Re: [family-historian] Version 7 Installation

Isn't there a potential issue with this Lorna?

If he opens v6 on the laptop and it auto-opens the project, there could be problems as it will be then opening the converted V7 project?

When I was beta testing, I made a copy of my v6 project to a new structure at the side on OneDrive (similar concept to Dropbox), so essentially I had

FH v6 Projects

FH v7 Projects

I then upgraded the newly created project in the folder 'FH v7 Projects' leaving v6 intact.

When upgrading of course, starting up v7 for the first time opens the project window, so I set the v7 structure as the new default, then set my default project to my 'Beta' project

My thoughts would be do not open v6 on the laptop given the potential to mess up the converted project?

Best Wishes

Neil.