From: family-historian@groups.io <family-historian@groups.io> On Behalf Of Robin
Sent: 19 December 2020 09:16
To: family-historian@groups.io
Subject: [family-historian] Proposed upgrade to FH7

I have not seen this question asked so far in the myriad of FH7 upgrade postings. Being of the older generation I was taught over 30 years ago, and learnt the hard way, not to keep data and software on the same hard drive. I therefore have all the data folder structure on a secondary hard drive. All drives are backed up every 2 days. Back when I upgraded to FH6 it was unable to know where to find the data was so created a new data folder structure on the C: drive which involved a lot of work to sort out and I do not wish that to happen again with FH7. Is this new upgrade intelligent enough to find the data structure in order to update the files accordingly? I will not be attempting this until January as I cannot cope with additional stress leading up to Christmas.

I would like to thank our FH experts for all their excellent work in their beta testing of FH7 and supporting us users over this troubled 2020. I would also like to wish everyone a very Happy Christmas and New Year.

Robin Dew