From: family-historian@groups.io <family-historian@groups.io> On Behalf Of Kath Liddell
Sent: 17 December 2020 12:21
To: family-historian@groups.io
Subject: [family-historian] FH7 stand alone

I have paid for and downloaded a full version of FH7, not the upgrade, thinking I would be able to install on my computer without affecting the original version FH6.2.7. On a second laptop, on installation, the program detects the previous version and overwrites without providing an option to preserve FH6.

I would like to install FH7 as a pristine version without affecting my FH6 system and then perhaps import the FH6 gedcom later. Is it possible to do that?

What would happen if I unstinstall FH6, then install FH7, then re-install FH6 as well ? I'm guessing that would create carnage. Am I missing something?

Kath