Re: map function

Graham Kent

To quote from the Help file (Preferences Dialogue: Map Window) -

"If enabled, whenever a place is displayed in the Map Window, Family Historian will attempt to automatically determine its latitude and longitude, if this information is not already held for the Place record in question.   Automatic geocoding requires an Internet connection, and uses an Internet geocoding service provided by Edina."

I understand that to mean that it is NOT Family Historian (V6 or V7) itself that determines the map placement but Edina.

Later it suggests that a 2 figure Country Code code (quote "See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_3166-1 for a list of possible 2-character country codes.") may be used and, I believe, help resolve these issues.

Hope this helps :)