From: family-historian@groups.io <family-historian@groups.io> On Behalf Of Lorna Craig via groups.io
Sent: Tuesday, 15 December 2020 12:54
To: family-historian@groups.io
Subject: Re: [family-historian] "How to" Missing and unknown dates

If the problem is just with diagrams, you can edit the diagram text scheme to display some text of your own choice if a fact has no data at all. When you edit the line in the text scheme there is a tick box for 'No data' text. If you tick this you can then enter your chosen text in the adjacent field. However this only works if the fact has no data at all. So it won't work if the date is unknown but something else, such as the place, is known.

Lorna

On 15/12/2020 12:34, Adrian Bruce wrote:
If I understand you correctly, the issue arises when you want to
trigger a line about the event in a diagram or something. In general,
of course, just leaving the date empty is enough to mean "Unknown".
But you still need the Event in the first place.