Re: Source Templates - adding Entry/Citation Date

AlexH

Thanks Derek,
Yes, that's what I did too.  The citation date shows in the generic templates but I can't seem to get it to work in the custom templates.
Otherwise, I like the V7 changes although I'm still getting to grips with them.
Sue

On 12 December 2020, at 16:50, Derek Kain <genealogist15@...> wrote:

Hello Sue,
I had a similar problem. Reading the help notes it says you cannot modify the source templates. I cloned the one in question and it was in a custom collection where you can make changes.
Hope that helps. Still learning myself.
Derek

On Sat, 12 Dec 2020 at 15:27, AlexH <ssiss166@...> wrote:
Afternoon All,

Please could some kind person tell me how to include a Citation/Entry Date field in a new Source Template and then to show that date in the Footnote.  I successfully managed to create exactly what I wanted by cloning, and adding to, an Essentials template but the date issue is totally eluding me.  As you can see from the images below I managed to create an Entry Date field in the Template but can't get that to work through to the Footnote.

All assistance gratefully received and much appreciated.

Sue