From: family-historian@groups.io <family-historian@groups.io> On Behalf Of Tony Leeming
Sent: 04 March 2020 10:17
To: family-historian@groups.io
Subject: Re: [family-historian] Missing parents in the Focus Window

Hello Mike,

Yes, you are right. The parent problem is now corrected - thanks.

I have also looked at sources and there are some duplicates which I assume I should merge.

I also have a few sources with zero citations, should these be deleted?

Thanks again,

Tony.

On 03/03/2020 17:03, Mike Tate wrote:
Hi Tony,
I suspect you have added the Father as a Child to another Family record that has no Parents.
Yes, that probably arose with the Merge, possibly because you did not review the Families tab closely enough.
It is important when using Merge to check every tab carefully and not just the Individuals tab.
You may find that you have other issues such as duplicated Source records or Media records.

In the Property Box of the Father open the All tab and there should be two Parents family entries.
One will say ...of (parents not known) so expand that entry and check that it is empty.
If so then select that Parents family name and press the Delete key to remove it.