Missing parents in the Focus Window

Tony Leeming

Hello all,

Something has happened that I do not understand and help would be appreciated.

In the Focus Window with the spouses and children tab, for one of my people I get a blank in the two parent boxes above. I thought I must have unlinked him from the rest of the tree but I do not think that is so and a diagram looks right.

I then spotted next to the father's box up and down arrows. Pressing these brings back the parents or removes them. This must surely be due to something I have done but what? Can someone tell me please what it is and how to put it right. I did do a merge at one point at this generation link but everything seemed well until now.

Thanks in anticipation,

Tony Leeming.