Re: Census Flags on Diagrams (Box Conditions) for missing entries

Mike Tate

You could, of course, continue using 'CensNotxx' or 'CensProbxx' Flags.

In the 'CensProbxx' cases I assume you have a Census Event with a Source Citation, but its credibility is in doubt.

So perhaps set the Citation Assessment to Questionable and then the Box Condition can test for that.

The 'CensNotxx' cases are more difficult as it is not simply that a Census Event is missing but that your research has drawn a blank.

You could record a Census Event without a Source Citation and the Box Condition can test for that.

The Sentence Template for that specific Event would need to change, perhaps to {blank} to inhibit the sentence altogether.

By using a standard Census Event in both those cases also excludes them from the ‘Lookup Missing Census Facts’ Plugin.

Alternatives include having labelled Notes to indicate Prob and Not cases, or as you suggested custom facts.

Regards, Mike Tate