Re: We're having email problems on the Family Historian website!

Neil Grantham

Yes, but they had a warning about their email system on the Store page, hence my decision to wait.

That seems to have gone now, so it must be resolved.

Best Wishes

Neil.

------ Original Message ------
To: family-historian@groups.io
Sent: Wednesday, 9 Dec, 2020 At 08:08
Subject: Re: [family-historian] We're having email problems on the Family Historian website!

Neil

The code is in the email they sent you with the download.

I’m hoping they bring out a new book of instructions too!

Nicola

On 9 Dec 2020, at 08:00, Neil Grantham via groups.io <neil40@...> wrote:

Yes they got inundated with new requests I think.
They are excellent at resolving issues like this. I lost my code a few years ago.
Mine worked on the site last night and applied the discount but I’ve kept it on my basket for now due to the email issues they have. I figured I might not get my new code.
I’ll wait till the warning disappears from the site.

Best Wishes
Neil

Sent via BT Email App

Sent: Dec 9, 2020 at 7:55 AM
To: family-historian@groups.io
Subject: Re: [family-historian] We're having email problems on the Family Historian website!

Unfortunately Neil your post is not wholly accurate. Having finally managed to open an account I put my licence name and number in and received a message that the number could not be found. I then contacted FH who admitted that not all numbers were in system. This despite my still having the original email from 2016 containing the number. I was told to wait 48 hours to try again! Something seems to be seriously wrong

On Wed, 9 Dec 2020, 05:13 Mike Tate, <post@...> wrote:

Victor,

I have also been a user since FH V2, and upgraded every version as a download from Calico Pie, but that does not need an account.

Accounts a relatively new, and are not numerical, so like me, you will probably need to create one.

Mike Tate

Join family-historian@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.