Re: Unable to open file and file not found FH6.2

leelegs <pauline.mitchell88@...>

Hi Mike

Many thanks for taking the trouble to respond regarding my FH project. I have had a Support Ticket 841418 response yesterday, and this morning from Ros at Calico Pie, some questions to which I have responded.

At 78, and I don’t regard myself as thick in the least, but I am not fully conversant with all the in’s and out’s of the workings of a computer nor, for that matter, databases. Yes, I use them, I have a 60,000 entry database of individual pedigrees for the Labrador Retriever breed and the FH6.2 for Family History. For 98 per cent of the time I don’t experience any problem with accessing data, entering data, or closing them when I finish my work.

Having not used the FH6.2 for quite some time, the last occasion I can recall was in June 2018. I produced finished work for 10 A4 volumes of information with certificates and photographs for the Bi-Centenary celebration, in Bristol (at which I sang), for my great great grandfather, Moses Brain, born 1818 died 1918. I also prior to that, did an amount of work for my, now, late cousin Christine. Her surname was Manners – their titles are Dukes and Earls of Rutland UK and she was interested in finding out if she had any connection. She did and I managed to trace back through humble beginnings in Calne, Wiltshire, via MPs, Archbishops of Canterbury, Knights of the Realm, Plantagenet family, and The Black Prince  to Cerdic in 534AD the first King of Wessex – there are gaps though. She was delighted with this prior to her demise.

I came to the FH database again recently and to my horror, after inputting all that information and, of course, my own lineage to my Lee origins, I was saddened to find that via the icon I could not access the tree. I rang the Tech-Guys at Know How but they don’t help with specific databases, so that was that. An elderly friend, 93, advised me to contact the FH help desk which I did.

Anyway, sorry to be so verbose, but I do thank all who have tried to assist. I’m not sure how to do screen shots, but my husband is, and I must ask him about them. What I tend to do is, I know about baking, housekeeping, cooking and singing and he knows about mobile telephones, the TV, the car and the computer and I leave him to it. We both know, though, about our remaining Yellow Labrador, Magnus (Sharouns Ganymede at Stelmarin) and love this nearly 12 year old with a passion.

Once again, Mike, thank you for taking both the time and trouble to try to assist. In this instance, having responded to Ros at Calico Pie, I await his further deliberations, after which, hopefully, my Michael will be able to work some magic.

Kind regards

Pauline

Sent from Mail for Windows 10