Re: Problems with OneDrive replication

Mike Tate

John,

Firstly, you don’t need a separate PC copy of those OneDrive files.

The files in the OneDrive folder are local to your PC and available when no Internet connection.

(There are ways to only keep files in the OneDrive cloud, but I don’t think you are using that mode.)

Snapshot files are explained in the FH Help and are auto-backup copies of the GEDCOM file.

There should typically be 8 of them dating back over the last few days or weeks.

Only the files with a -Chillblast… suffix are duplicates.

I think they arise when the original file is in use by another program when OneDrive wants to synchronise changes.

So the question is what other program might be using and thus locking your files.

Maybe an anti-virus package or a scheduled backup program.

As a matter of interest how do you manage the copying of your FH PC files to and from the OneDrive folder?

Regards, Mike Tate