From: family-historian@groups.io <family-historian@groups.io> On Behalf Of Fruitbat
Sent: 19 October 2020 13:00
To: family-historian@groups.io
Subject: Re: [family-historian] Internet data matches

Hi Mike,

I knew that there had been earlier discussions about problems with internet data matches - in fact in one of the discussions it was I who suggested changing the "Location to Display" setting to external - but when I looked back over those discussions on Saturday I didn't come across any that highlighted the cookies issue.  That's not to say there aren't any, but I couldn't find them.

After I posted the question, I looked at IE (which Windows 10 has now carefully hidden from view on my laptop) and checked that cookies were enabled there too - they were.  As an aside, I presume that the blue banner that appears above MH searches, which says "Unsupported browser  Use Google Chrome", with a bubble that says "This browser is not fully supported. For better results use Google Chrome", is a direct reference to FH's use of IE.

As I mentioned in my post, I had already tried both of the "Location to Display" options, but it didn't make any difference - although I was able to access FMP, I was still unable to get into MH, regardless of the setting.

However, I'm pleased to say that the first of the workarounds you suggested appears to have overcome the problem.  I've been able to log in (without being asked to enable cookies) and I can view and accept or reject the matches as I previously could, so thank you very much.