From: family-historian@groups.io <family-historian@groups.io> On Behalf Of mvilla108
Sent: 03 September 2020 10:53
To: family-historian@groups.io
Subject: Re: [family-historian] Can I view a family as shown in a Census? (ex TMG user)

Mike,

After reading your email of 1 Sep 2020, 10:07 I think I now understand how my TMG census event structure doesn’t match the way FH works.

I followed the fhug link you gave me https://www.fhug.org.uk/wiki/doku.php?id=how_to:import_from_tmg.

From there, under Import Discussions, I followed the link to Census details import to Family Historian 5 from TMG April 2014 ~ Witness and UK Census problems

This was your reply to another ex-TMG FH newcomer who had a similar problem to mine.

In this document, you explained that my census event tags used the EVEN tag whereas FH uses CENS and suggested using your Change Any Fact FH Plugin to change them.

I downloaded this and Lo and Behold all my “missing” census people instantly appeared. I don’t understand how this happened without my having to request action from the Plugin, but I am very pleased with the result.

Maybe you could enlighten me on how the Plugin works? I’m interested to know.

Thanks again,

Rob