Re: How to deal with an engagement when the couple never marry

Mike Tate

Yes, this is related to my earlier reply to be aware of the lack of support for some features.

Using the Family partnership and Engagement Event is well supported in FH Diagrams and Reports.

Fact Witnesses are only supported in Narrative Reports although FH V7 due this year is reputed to support them in all Reports.

Associated Person cannot easily be added to Narrative Reports because they do not involve a Fact that has a Sentence Template.

So the solution is to create an Associated Person custom fact and in its Sentence Template refer to the Associated Person link.

Alternatively, forget about the Associated Person, created a custom Engagement individual fact with a Fact Witness for the other person, and then they will appear in Narrative Reports.

Regards, Mike Tate

From: family-historian@groups.io <family-historian@groups.io> On Behalf Of Linda Reinfeld
Sent: 14 February 2020 17:31
To: family-historian@groups.io
Subject: Re: [family-historian] How to deal with an engagement when the couple never marry

Great new info - the Add Miscellaneous right click in the All tab. However I can only get that info to print using Publish/record detail reports/record details - individuals. I can’t get it to print on individual narrative report. 

Linda Reinfeld

On Feb 14, 2020, at 11:50 AM, "uhkh3tsccmz9@..." <uhkh3tsccmz9@...> wrote:

You need to explore the wonders of the "All" tab on the properties box.

In the All Tab, right click on the Name, select Add Miscellaneous and then select Associated Person. This creates a link to the Associated Person who has to be a person in the main file and not just a name (you have the option to create a new individual record). Once Associated you can add the relationship detail in the next field down in the All Tab under Associated Person.

Note, that if in the all tab you click on the name of the associate you get taken to their property box; there you will observe that the association is "one-way". If necessary you have to create an associated person back the other way.

_._,_._,_

Join family-historian@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.