Re: Can I view a family as shown in a Census? (ex TMG user)

Mike Heseltine <noguru48@...>

Hi Rob,
I have not been able to repeat what you describe. Which is the + you clicked on.

Mike Heseltine

On Mon, Aug 31, 2020 at 4:24 PM mvilla108 <mvilla108@...> wrote:

Success!

With your help I have been able to view a family as at a census date.

In the FH Sample Project I used Arthur Michael MUNRO [54].

In the Property Box, All tab I selected the Census fact for 1871 and clicked on the +.

This showed me the date, place, address, Witnesses (spouse Mary & 3 children) and the Source.

But that has shown me that I have a problem with my own project which I imported from the TMG project file (.pjc).

It seems that my Census ‘event tags’ have not been imported!

When I created these in TMG I would have entered all the above information, i.e., place, address, 2 principals and witnesses (children). Also, the census reference as an imbedded note.

I wonder if any other former TMG users have had this problem and would be able to help me?

Regards, Rob

On Fri, 28 Aug 2020 at 17:30, mvilla108 via groups.io <mvilla108=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:

Thanks very much to Mike, Peter and Lorna. You have given me a lot of information and ideas on how to progress.

Yes Lorna, in TMG I was able to see each person in the same census household. In TMG, the basic medium for recording information was the tag. In the Census tag, I recorded one or two principals (Head of family and maybe spouse) and then Witnesses for children and other relations. The tag also held date, residence details, etc.

My first impression of FH is that it is light years ahead of TMG. I like the idea of attaching images to the source.

I realise that I have a lot of learning to do and am looking forward to getting to grips with the new software.

This weekend, I intend to work through all of your suggestions and hopefully make some good progress.

Thanks again to you all.

Regards,

Rob

On Thu, 27 Aug 2020 at 23:38, Mike Tate <post@...> wrote:

If you can see the Census fact in the Facts tab then select it and click the Show Media image button in the centre of the toolbar below.

You may need to tick the Include Citation Media or Include Source Record Media to see the 1881 Census page.

Also try clicking the Show Sources yellow scroll icon in toolbar top right to reveal the yellow Source Citations pane.

That shows Source Citations and the large blue arrow Go To Source Record button.