Re: How to deal with an engagement when the couple never marry

Victor Markham

In the focus window under the marriage details open the menu and select unmarried couple

On 14 Feb 2020, at 10:51, simon pugh <polydorus1@...> wrote:
I am using the trial version of Family historian and have imported a Master Genealogist database.
I have an woman who was engaged to a man, but she jilted him and married someone else.
The engagement has been imported but then the man automatically becomes a spouse when there is no marriage record. I am unclear how to deal with this except by removing the engagement and putting it in as note.