From: family-historian@groups.io <family-historian@groups.io> On Behalf Of Julia Vokes
Sent: 19 August 2020 10:25
To: family-historian@groups.io
Subject: Re: [family-historian] Data matching privacy issue on MyHeritage

I agree with Derek Kain. Before putting my tree onto Ancestry I used the excellent tools in FH to make a copy with all people born less than 100 years ago stripped out. I also removed all my sources, so that only the bare bones went onto Ancestry. It enabled DNA matches to work.
However, I have still had people making erroneous matches and some very basic errors. I have also suffered from people not replying to messages asking them to rectify the mistake, but understand this is very common. Hence why I’m very cautious what I put onto websites and when I find information on other trees.

Regards
Julia