Re: Data matching privacy issue on MyHeritage

John & Carol King

Exactly the same happened to me and My Heritage were very resistant to removing the information as I did not have an account with them, in the end it was removed however.

On Wed, 19 Aug 2020 at 8:14, Karen Groeneveld
<groeneveld@...> wrote:

Oh yes! My Heritage and privacy are an issue. I naïvely provided information to a relative 20 years ago, that included my own and my young daughters’ birthdates. Then when I moved to FH as my genie platform, I found these details up on My Heritage in a complete stranger’s tree! Without a My Heritage subscription at the time, it took a lot of effort to get the admin people to allow me to contact the person, who was very reluctant to take down the details. A real worry, as I’ve no idea how far the information spread. I think Ancestry has an algorithm in place that blocks access to details for living people and assumes anyone younger than 100 without a death date is ‘living’. Should be mandatory.

Karen Groeneveld

Queanbeyan, NSW, Australia