Re: Media items in FH

David Gynes

Victor,

I don’t have a problem loading from the memory stick to FH - either by Open File or Drag and Drop. It is the fact that FH has not put the file where I want it to be - i.e. within FH. It is still stored on the memory stick and listed under D drive
Usually when I try to place an item in Media by either route (from File or Drag and Drop) FH asks whether I want it to copy the data. But it doesn’t when I upload these screenshots.

Thanks for trying.

David
David Gynes
specbear@...

On 30 Jul 2020, at 16:37, Victor Markham <victor@...> wrote:

If you prompt media you will get a message saying 'insert from file' this should open the file you have on your media stick

I haven't used media stick and normally insert things direct from the file on my computer

Victor

On 30/07/2020 4:18 pm, David Gynes via groups.io wrote:
I have downloaded some screenshots from online sources on to a memory stick, things like Baptism entries from PRs, .
When I started to upload them to the relevant person’s media records I did not get the usual message from FH asking if I wanted to copy it into the FH itself.
I now have files showing in 'Work with External Links’ listed under D: - D being the memory stick.

I still have the data on the memory stick so am happy to delete the files stored under D and start again, but, please, how do I put data from the memory stick into FH and not have it as an external link which is inaccesssible as soon as I disconnect the stick?

I have looked at the wiki and in the help section of working with external links, but can’ see where I’m going wrong.

Any hints appreciated.

David Gynes
specbear@...