Re: places in Show Timeline Facts

Lorna Craig

In addition to the suggestions Mike has made, you may not be aware that you can create diagram text schemes which show a variety of information.   For my everyday ‘working diagram’ type I use a text scheme which includes not only the places of birth/baptism, marriage and death/burial but also census locations and emigration events.  You can view a chosen family group of just two or three generations and all their key dates and locations are visible.  I like being able to see the group as a whole, rather than just one person’s timeline.

Lorna

From: Mike Tate
Sent: 30 July 2020 10:16
To: family-historian@groups.io
Subject: Re: [family-historian] places in Show Timeline Facts

Hi Barbara,

That is an interesting idea, but unfortunately, the Timeline text in the Facts tab cannot be customised.

However, the Individual Timeline query can be modified to show almost anything you like.

In the FHUG Knowledge Base Download section there are several such examples.

See https://www.fhug.org.uk/wiki/doku.php?id=fhugdownloads:queriesfact Timeline, Timeline Facts, etc.

The FHUG Knowledge Base also has lots of advice about customising FH, so I suggest you join up for free.

Another feature you may not be aware of involves the Map Window.

There you can plot the position of event places of multiple Individuals and then use the Time Slider to see how those positions migrate over time.