From: family-historian@groups.io <family-historian@groups.io> On Behalf Of james o'kelly
Sent: 24 July 2020 21:36
To: family-historian@groups.io
Subject: Re: [family-historian] deleting files

Thank you Victor, do you know when and where there might be a training session? I know it might be a bit awkward in these trying times, or is there anyone near to Lincolnshire that may be able to help? I don't mind if I have to travel,

On Fri, Jul 24, 2020 at 9:27 PM Victor Markham <victor@...> wrote:

James

There have been training courses for users so may be of benefit to you to attend the next one.

I find FH is great compared to others but I am not 100% familiar with it. However I get about fine and am happy

Just take one step at a time and persevere. Hopefully in the end you will like it as much as I do

Victor

On 24/07/2020 8:55 pm, james o'kelly wrote:

Thank you for your support Neil, I still can't where I am going wrong, but I will sort it I am sure, Mike has been a great help,

On Fri, Jul 24, 2020 at 8:24 PM Neil Grantham via groups.io <neil40=btinternet.com@groups.io> wrote:

Keep battling on James,

I think FH is as complicated as you want. Out of the box I think it's pretty easy to use compared to some I've used in the past such as 'The Master Genealogist' (now defunct)

The baffling thing is, that you appear to have installed in a none standard way, whether that's consciously or not I don't know.

By default, if you just install via the Wizard, your projects would have all been in the standard place rather than on your desktop.

I know that Mike is trying his hardest to get this sorted for you.

Best Wishes,

Neil

On Friday, 24 July 2020, 19:43:44 BST, james o'kelly <shaymoandann@...> wrote:

this is not a wind up, but I have come to the conclusion that Family Historian, is a very complicated programe, I am beginning to wish that I never wish that I had never purchased it in the first place, but I will follow mike's latest instructions and hopefully I will get it sorted, however long it takes, I will not post any more until I have it sorted, once again Mike, thank you for your patience and perseverance with me.

On Fri, Jul 24, 2020 at 5:18 PM Jonathan Copeland <jccopeland@...> wrote:

I must say I've been feeling the same thing.

Image removed by sender. Mailtrack

Sender notified by
Mailtrack
07/24/20, 05:17:31 PM

On Fri, 24 Jul 2020 at 16:54, John Liddle, Backwell, North Somerset - "Where the cider apples grow" via groups.io <jaliddle=btinternet.com@groups.io> wrote:

A casual observer would be forgiven for thinking that it's beginning to sound like a wind-up.

Image removed by sender.