Working with Lists

johnfirr@...

I am trying to get to grips with lists and flags as a way of assisting some quick searches etc. I am sure I am doing something daft ( as I usually am) so it seemed asking on here was the easiest way to solve my problem.

I have created a couple of new lists and my understanding is that once I am in the records window I can view a lists pane by clicking on the list pane button in the ribbon at the top. When I do this the button shows that the list pane is active and I see the right edge of the records window shift just a small amount to the left ( a fraction of a millimeter) but no list pane appears. I have tried rearranging the active windows by cascading and tiling but still cant get the list pane to become visible.

I,m clearly just miising something simple.

thanks as always
John Firr