Re: deleting files

james o'kelly

Okay Mike I have done as instructed. and here is the screen shot, by the way when I said I didn't realize I changed the project location, I meant I don't know how I managed that, but hopefully we can sort this out now

On Tue, Jul 21, 2020 at 10:27 AM Mike Tate <post@...> wrote:

Well James, somebody changed the Project Location as FH cannot do that by itself.

Anyway, before doing anything, I need to check what already exists in the default Project Location, just so there are no surprises!

Use File > Project Window, click on C:\Users\shay\Desktop\Shays Tree, and choose Reset Location to Installation Default.

That will change the Location: to My Documents\Family Historian Projects and list whatever projects exist there.

Please send me a screenshot of that default Project Window.

Do not do anything else, except close FH. Please do not edit any of your projects.

From: family-historian@groups.io <family-historian@groups.io> On Behalf Of james o'kelly
Sent: 20 July 2020 21:33
To: family-historian@groups.io
Subject: Re: [family-historian] deleting files

Hi Mike although I have had this family-historian for over a year, I must admit I have not learned to use it properly, so hopefully with your help I can get on the right track, in answer to your questions,

1. I did not realize I had changed the project location,

2. I would like the project to be in the FH project folder

3. I don't need them to be on my desktop

4. I would like all the projects and the three gedcoms to become one project,

I am sure once we have sorted this out I will find it much easier to use.

thank you for your help,

James