From: family-historian@groups.io <family-historian@groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Horridge via groups.io
Sent: 19 July 2020 17:12
To: family-historian@groups.io
Subject: [family-historian] Adding Titles to individuals

Hello all

I'm doing some research into several local people that are either a Sir or Lady (Dame) and, as I'm creating mini-trees, I wondered how best to record their titles in FH.

The 2 options I can immediately see are to use "Name - Prefix" or the separate "Title" attribute.  I suppose the advantage of the latter is that I can add a date when they were awarded the honour but it's not immediately associated with what they are called.

I'm not worried (at this stage) about any "sentences" that FH would generate in reports as I just want to record the basic facts.

I'd appreciate any thoughts on best practice.

Many thanks

Brian