Re: deleting files

james o'kelly

Hi Mike, once again I must apologise for misunderstanding your instructions, I think I have now finally grasped what you require of me, I will attach the screen shots as you requested, I know the C:User is not shown on them (screenshots), but in each profile when I click media and then the right hand blue arrow, in the file box, most of them come up as C:User, thank you again for you patience and your help, it must be very frustrating for you, 
PS, the reason I have four projects (although related) is because I was not aware at the time how easy it is to separate them,  

On Sat, Jul 18, 2020 at 12:52 PM Mike Tate <post@...> wrote:

No, no, no, James, that is NOT what I asked for.

Some examples of just a few Media filenames do not provide the full details I need of all the Media filenames that you want to move.

Please, please, concentrate on what I am requesting below otherwise I will not be able to help you.

You have revealed not only that you have four Projects, but that the Media files are in many different folders:

C:\Users\shay\Pictures\ and C:\Users\shay\Downloads\ and C:\Users\shay\Music\ and maybe others too!

I need to know them all.

These are my instructions that you must follow closely or I will give up.

I need four screenshots of the Tools > External File Links window for all four Projects as explained below.

Open each Project in turn and run the Tools > External File Links command.

If necessary, drag the edges of the window so that all the C: - Users – shay - folders and filenames are shown in full.

I do NOT need to see all the Project Data Folder entries just all the C: - Users - shay - entries.

Take a Snipping Tool screenshot of each of those four windows, one per Project.

Similar to this:

A screenshot of a cell phone

Description automatically generated

Join family-historian@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.