Re: lost photos/media

Mike Tate

Do NOT delete the originals located at C:\Users\Pictures\... because that is where FH is expecting to find them and if deleted they will vanish.

You can change them to Media but need to take great care to follow my instructions.

It will make instructions much easier if you can tell me the name of your Project as listed in the File > Project Window.

To assess how many pictures need to be changed, use the Tools > External File Links command as I explained in my posting yesterday with a screenshot.

So that is two tasks for you:

1. The File > Project Window name of your Project.
  2. The Tools > External File Links command for non-Media files and broken links.

Please provide both results in your next reply.

From: family-historian@groups.io <family-historian@groups.io> On Behalf Of james o'kelly
Sent: 12 July 2020 22:11
To: family-historian@groups.io
Subject: Re: [family-historian] lost photos/media

Sorry to harp back again to the missing photo saga, Mike has explained to me how it works perfectly, but you said in the file box in Media it should start with Media, some of the things I have saved (ie newspaper cuttings) don't start with Media, instead they start with C:/users/pictures,,,,,,,my question is, can I change them to a Media? or will they remain in my tree if I delete the original? sorry if this sounds confusing

James

Join family-historian@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.