Re: lost photos/media

Neil Grantham

Mike

Yes that's odd that they are different, especially as Lorna also said it's Linked File:

I see my post with the screenshot has now come through.

I note that if I go to the Cog>Customize Data Entry... it shows me in the right pane, exactly the fields that show on my Media Properties box.
Perhaps you've changed it at some point?
I've never customised anything like that - only just found that while trying to see why yours might be different!

Neil

On Thursday, 9 July 2020, 22:43:43 BST, Mike Tate <post@...> wrote:

As posted by Ros earlier, any postings with attachments are reviewed by the list moderators, so take a while to come through.

There must be some strange difference between our FH V6.2.7 installations.

However I open my Media Property Box via Media tabs, Media Window, etc, and whether floating or docked and with various font sizes it always lists:

Title:

Date:               Keywords:

Format:           Custom Id:

File:

Note:

Whereas yours puts Custom Id on a different line and omits Keywords as well saying Linked File.

Very odd.

From: family-historian@groups.io <family-historian@groups.io> On Behalf Of Neil Grantham via groups.io
Sent: 09 July 2020 22:19
To: family-historian@groups.io
Subject: Re: [family-historian] lost photos/media

Mike,

I tried to reply with a screenshot highlighting what a picture should say. My email didn't come through, perhaps because of the attached picture it's on hold?

Anyway, when I click the Blue arrow pointing to the right, next to the Cog icon (Go to Media record) the dialogue shows, top to bottom:

Title:

Date:  / Custom ID:

Format:

Linked File:

Note:

So in my Linked File: it says Media\<name of picture>.jpg etc.

I don't see 

File:

I can only see File if I click the "All" Tab.

Neil

Join family-historian@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.