Re: lost photos/media

Lorna Craig

Yes that does shed a bit of light!  It looks as if you have tried to copy a picture direct from Findmypast without downloading it first.   You need to get the media file onto your computer first, before FH can copy or move that file into the Media folder of your project.  That Linked File box should be displaying the location of the media file on your computer, not referring to a tree on Findmypast!

On 09/07/2020 21:20, james o'kelly wrote:
sorry I see it now, it reads http/tree .findmypast.com asset handler
does this help?

On Thu, Jul 9, 2020 at 9:11 PM Lorna Craig via groups.io <l.m.craig=ntlworld.com@groups.io> wrote:

On 09/07/2020 20:29, Mike Tate wrote:

After clicking the big blue arrow, what does it say in the box labelled File: near the top?

In case of any slight confusion, I think Mike is referring to the box labelled Linked File.