Re: lost photos/media

james o'kelly

thank you Mike, my projects are saved in My Historian folder on desktop, they are not save on cloud, onedrive etc, on some of the profiles they are shown in a box with a cross, some of these photos I have reloaded several times, they are there for awhile then disappear again, I have not deleted them from there original source, as you suggested I have looked in Tools, external files links, this shows some of my pictures and a lot of blanks with crosses in, I can not see what I might be doing wrong, I appreciate your help with this,
Thanks James

On Thu, Jul 9, 2020 at 5:38 PM james o'kelly via groups.io <shaymoandann=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
here is an example of photos that disappear, Geoff Milnthorpe shown in media box but the photo has gone

On Thu, Jul 9, 2020 at 3:52 PM james o'kelly <shaymoandann@...> wrote:
this is the process I go through when adding a photo to my tree
1 go to media
2 insert from file
3 find photo
4 copy file to default location within project folder
5 add
6 click OK
is this the proper way of adding and saving? as I have done this several times and they later disappear, but they are still listed in the media box

On Wed, Jul 8, 2020 at 9:30 PM Lorna Craig via groups.io <l.m.craig=ntlworld.com@groups.io> wrote:

James, You originally asked this on 26 June and received a reply from Mike Tate that day.  You answered his message briefly on 27 June and then received several more replies on 27 and 28 June.  Please refer back to those messages.   (If you can't find them easily among your emails you can log onto the group's web page and find the topic there.)

On 08/07/2020 20:44, james o'kelly wrote:
I have asked this question before, I have just revisited one of my family trees, to find the photos have gone missing although they are listed in the media box, why? is this
_