Re: Add GRO Source

Alan Hourd

That reminds me that I started entering GRO records into one Source, many (20?) years ago, rather than 3 separate sources. Then, much later, it occurred to me that the approach was untidy and started using three sources for GRO births, marriages and deaths. I have never attempted to extract the references from the "bulk" GRO Source to move them into the separate sources.  Is there a simple way to do that - or would I have to move details one by one from the bulk to separate sources?

Alan Hourd

On 07/02/2020 15:28:05, Mike Tate <post@...> wrote:

Hi Tom,

The Plugin assumes you have three Source records; one for each of 1) Birth GRO Index, 2) Marriage GRO Index, 3) Death GRO Index.

Then when you find any BMD GRO Index for an Individual the Plugin knows which of those three Source records to cite against the event.

So if you have not created those three Source records beforehand you cannot respond to those Plugin prompts.

It also presumes you know what UK BMD GRO Index records are all about.

Regards, Mike Tate