From: family-historian@groups.io [mailto:family-historian@groups.io] On Behalf Of Mike Tate
Sent: Tuesday, February 04, 2020 5:46 PM
To: family-historian@groups.io
Subject: Re: [family-historian] Reinstall question

Hoe,

This Email list is a replacement for the Rootsweb mail list, both run by Simon Orde of Calico Pie.

Neither are anything to do with the FHUG website, so I advise you stick with the FHUG and ask your questions there.

The FH File > Backup/Restore commands only backup Projects and do NOT backup your customisations.

So download the ‘Backup and Restore Family Historian Settings’ Plugin from the FH Plugin Store.

It is best to update to FH V6.2.7 and run the Plugin before installing Windows 10.

Then afterwards when you install FH and update to FH V6.2.7 the backups will be compatible.

Have you gone to the https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 website to Create Windows 10 installation media?

That is the technique that reliably works for free.

But this discussion would be much easier in the FHUG Forums.

Regards, Mike Tate